Dear Church Family,
At Acts2 Community Church we want to care for our congregation in all respects, including the physical well-being of our community. To that end, we are asking you, our church family, to take precautions to keep yourself and others safe, especially in light of recent developments with the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As we have resumed in-person meetings at Acts2 we want to assure you that your well-being and safety are of primary importance to us. While we are not requiring masks at this time, we do encourage them for your safety.
Here’s how we are committed to keeping our gatherings clean and safe:
- Our in-person gatherings will observe physical distancing and we ask that families and individuals that attend follow standard social distancing recommendations.
- We are taking extra precautions to sanitize highly touched surfaces before and after services such as doors, handles, tables, check-in stations, and bathrooms.
- We recommend that you give your tithe and offering online. We will not pass offering baskets during our services but will have them available on the way out of the sanctuary. You can access our online giving options on our Give page.
- Our staff and volunteer teams wash their hands frequently and will stay home if they are sick.
- We require all members of the prayer team to wear a mask when praying for others.
- We have hand-sanitizing stations near the sanctuary and in Acts2 Kids and encourage their frequent use.
- We will continue to thoroughly sanitize all children’s toys and play areas. This is a regular practice at our church.
- We will suspend the serving of Communion until further notice.
- We’ve adopted an optional wristband system to identify your social distancing comfort level as follows:
- Green: I’m okay with hugs and high-fives.
- Yellow: I’m happy to talk with you, but no touching, please.
- Red: Hi! I’m keeping my distance.
We encourage you to take every precaution to keep yourself and others safe. You can help stop the spread of viruses in the following ways:
- Stay home when you or your family members are sick. As always, we will be live streaming services on Facebook, so please take advantage of our live stream if you’re unable to attend.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- When we have the time of greeting during services, we recommend you greet each other with smiles and waves instead of handshakes.
- Cover your face when sneezing or coughing and get in the habit of not touching your face.
- If you are returning from a high-alert area, we urge you to consider refraining from attending church events, classes, and services for the recommended 14-day time frame.
- If you or someone you know tests positive for COVID-19, please let us know right away so we can find a way to help, pray for everyone involved, and take the necessary precautions here at Acts2.
We are excited to begin gathering in person as a family once again, and we thank you in advance for your willingness to follow these guidelines to help us provide the safest environment possible for all who gather.
We must also remember that God has not called us to live in fear but in faith. As Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 1:7 NIV, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”
Together we have faith to receive everything that God has promised to us by His word. We will continue to experience a wonderful, Spirit-filled atmosphere at our services, and we look forward to ministering to you each week.
This is what we know at this point time and will keep you updated as additional information becomes available from public health officials.
In the meantime, please go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html or https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus for the most current information.